Hot Post

6/recent/ticker-posts

ERRORS IN USE OF PRONOUNS

                  ERRORS IN THE USE OF PRONOUN
        
    (Incorrect)                                                                          (Correct)

                                                        
1.       Who is this for                                                            1.  For whom is this?
2.       I, you and he will go to Paris tomorrow.                    2. You, he and I will go to Paris.
3.       You are wiser than me.                                               3. You are wiser than I.
4.       Let her and I do this work.                                          4. Let her and me do this work.
5.       One should do his duty.                                               5. One should do one’s duty.
6.       Everyone must do their best.                                        6. Everyone must do his duty.
7.       Neither you nor I are lucky.                                          7. Neither of us is lucky.
8.       I don’t like any of these two books.                               8. I don’t like either of these two books.
9.       This is my pen.                                                               9. This pen is mine.
10.   These two sisters love one another.                               10. These two sisters love each other.

Post a Comment

0 Comments